If a single picture can depict a thousand words, then a video can tell the story of a century in a few seconds worth of shots. That’s the enigmatic power of video production as a mass communicator and one of the most influential and result generating marketing tools to leverage through professional video editing services. The merger of video and digital marketing brings forth the aspects and benefits of video marketing, which has garnered significant popularity among businesses across Singapore.
More businesses are employing the expertise of video editing services in Singapore to give their marketing efforts a creative appeal to garner attention from the target audience. On that note, let’s dissect the reasons that make video an inevitable part of your marketing mix, hence upholding the relevance of video editing services.
Study the Stats
We will begin by referring to some interesting stats related to video and marketing, which will prove their interdependency.
- According to 97% of marketers, video helps people to relate to the brand.
- 78% of internet users watch videos every week.
- The mobile video consumption rate is rising by 100% each year.
- A survey revealed that 90% of the buyers were convinced to buy a product after watching a related video.
- 81% of businesses use video as a means of marketing.
- Live video streaming accounts for 13% of the total internet traffic.
These numbers are proof enough of the potency and reach of video as a marketing tool, and the best part it can be used within and even beyond the periphery of digital marketing. From website and social media platforms to television, promotional videos can be broadcasted across platforms and verticals to reach the masses.
Boost your Digital Marketing Efforts with Video
You can use different kinds of videos for marketing purpose, such as:
- Informational video;
- Advertising videos;
- Review videos; and
- Live video streaming.
Videos in any form can help you boost your marketing efforts and take them to the next level. Here’s how:
- Since consumers are so drawn towards videos, it is known to convert leads into sales by 80%.
- Including video might be a substantial investment considering the video editing services you need to hire, but it has a guaranteed ROI, as 83% of businesses claim.
- Visuals help instil the trust of the consumer in a brand and are considered the best form of content marketing. Even Google is a big fan of videos.
- Since most of your target audience is the mobile using crowd, you can reach them easily through videos. They are also the ones who consume visual content the most.
- Videos are highly engaging and interactive for reaching out to a large group of people dispersed across a vast geography.
This, however, brings us to the relevance of video editing services.
Relevance of Video Editing in Digital Marketing
Visual advertising like pictures and especially videos for digital marketing might not be all about aesthetics. Still, the look and the feel do play a significant part in creating an impact in the viewers’ minds.
- Professional editing enhances the quality and resolution of the video, increasing its appeal in the eyes of the beholder.
- Raw videos can be lengthy and boring; video editing, on the other hand, then cut and concise that same raw fed into an enthralling visual.
- Video editing adds a glam factor to a series of shots that otherwise would seem unattractive and dry.
- The best video editing services turn a series of shots and frames into a story promoting the brand, engaging with the target audience and creating a connection between the two.
Hence, even if you are on a tight budget, try to make room for an affordable video editing service in your marketing. It will generate guaranteed ROI.
Singapore is a digitally forward country, and over the years, the local businesses, irrespective of their scale and structure, have upgraded digital platforms, more so during the 2020 pandemic phase. Owing to the rapid digitization, the digital marketing service has received significant traction as well. Let’s take a look at the stats supporting the claim:
- 92 million People regularly use internet in Singapore, which is 84% of the population.
- 72% of advertising revenue in 2020 was generated through digital ads.
- There has been a 32% increase in online shopping.
- The target audience of the digital marketing industry has increased to 4 million people.
So, it is well-established that people and businesses in Singapore are well aware of the digital side of marketing and its significance. However, a common mix-up happens more often than one realizes; the general notion that digital marketing in Singapore and online marketing is the same. Even internet searches regarding these can be quite misleading. So, here we are with a simple presentation of the differences between digital marketing and online marketing.
Digital Marketing vs Online Marketing
|Digital Marketing||Online Marketing |
|Digital marketing has a broad spectrum that comprises a plethora of marketing strategies implemented through digital mediums to promote services or products. From the website to the social media platform, everything is included within the digital marketing service.||Online marketing or internet marketing is a sub-category of digital marketing that comprises online marketing strategies focus on building a thriving internet presence. |
What Falls under Digital Marketing and Online Marketing
|Digital Marketing||Online Marketing |
|Social Media Marketing: Social media is one of the most influential digital marketing mediums with an extensive reach and greater ROI but at a minimal cost. The use of multiple social media platforms in the marketing mix garners visibility for the business, increasing direct engagement with the intended audience.||Search Engine Optimization: SEO is directed towards increasing the website traffic through on-page, off-page, and technical optimization. It enhances the user interaction with the website. SEO is further stimulated by content and video optimization, generation of quality backlinks, website responsiveness, loading speed, etc. The more compact your SEO strategy, the better the chances of your website ranking going through the roof. |
|Mobile Marketing: Mobile marketing is directed towards promotion and advertising through mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Mobiles require a separate set of rules and strategy building practices for online promotion, and that’s why it requires separate and dedicated attention from the digital marketers. With the advent of apps, the emphasis on mobile marketing has amplified notably.||Search engine marketing: SEM is used to direct the visitor traffic to a particular page using paid search advertising. SEM’s most potent and popular form is pay-per-click advertising, which can boost traffic to a website in a very short duration. |
|Display Marketing: Display advertising is not what you see on roadside billboards. It is a different aspect of digital marketing that focuses on promoting a business through banner and flyer ads online. These are incorporated on both apps and websites and social media sites as well. It gives the brand direct exposure from the target audience and one of the fastest means to garner online visibility.|| |
To summarize, digital marketing is the umbrella term, and online marketing is a part of digital marketing. While there are mutual aspects applicable to both forms of marketing, thinking them to be synonymous is not right. These are some basic technicalities, knowing which will help you hire the right digital marketing agency in Singapore.
Singapore is a booming ecommerce market that has shown exemplary growth in the past decade. During the covid 19 pandemic, more businesses partnered with agencies specializing in ecommerce website design shifted to digital platforms to keep themselves afloat. It led to an accelerated digital transformation across industries. The worst of the pandemic might be over, but the changes it brought have become the business blueprint of the future, with the ecommerce sector playing the most vital role. The country’s ecommerce industry is expected to surpass 4,079 USD by 2025 at a 9.93% CAGR. With such impetus on the ecommerce sites, businesses need to know about the technical aspect of running it, for instance, ecommerce maintenance. On that note, let’s brush up on the best practices of ecommerce website maintenance that will be of relevance in 2021.
Ecommerce Website Maintenance Checklist
E-commerce, woo-commerce maintenance or upkeep of any other website framework is a highly technical task that experts’ best undertake with knowledge and experience. Nevertheless, it helps the owner of the website to know the basics of regular care and upkeep. For this year, the experts have highlighted the following points as the unavoidable checklist of ecommerce maintenance.
There are three parts of ecommerce site maintenance, which are:
- Basic maintenance
- Front-end maintenance
- Back-end maintenance
Now let’s elaborate each with what it comprises of:
- Ensure site backup before initiating the update and maintenance.
- Update the site to its latest version as per the ecommerce CMS or software.
- Run a test to detect bugs that might disrupt the seamless running of the website.
- Fix the bugs detected and all the broken links.
- Run a comprehensive diagnostics of the site to measure and assess the UX (User Experience).
Front-end & Back-end Maintenance
- The front-end maintenance focuses on ensuring optimum user experience, so the first part is checking all the URLs’ functionality and fixing if anything is broken.
- Ensure the seamless execution of the entire process from browsing to adding product to the shopping carts until the checkout.
- Ensure that all the call action buttons and links are working fine, as it directly enhances engagement with the target audience.
- Make sure that the page loading time is minimal.
- Optimize the existing content to generate faster conversions and encourage quality engagements.
Other ecommerce maintenance practices include:
- Updating the product and price list. If a new product has been launched, then put it in the forefront. In case some of the products have been discontinued, then remove them from the website.
- Run a thorough security check to assess the vulnerabilities and fix the same accordingly.
- Stay updated with the latest CMS upgrade to ensure that there are no website downtimes.
- Add support plugins if the CMS cannot accommodate a certain function. However, in that case, you need to run separate security checks and updates on the plugins.
- Take necessary steps to accommodate website redesign, new hosting or CMS upgrades.
Regular website maintenance is significant to the running and performance of the website because:
- Improves the site quality and user experience, which can reduce cart abandonment issues.
- Prevents the site from falling victim to malicious attacks.
- Keeps the site updated, keeping it highly functional and scalable.
- Adds credibility to the ecommerce site, making it visible to the search engines. Google only acknowledges well-maintained websites.
- Keeps the site traffic active and high at all times.
Whether you have an old ecommerce site or a newly launched one, weekly, monthly, yearly maintenance is a must to see actual business benefits in revenue generation at the end of the year. So, find a team of the best professionals for ecommerce maintenance who can deliver favourable results for you.