8 things to consider before you choose your SEO expert in Singapore
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be very complex and tedious to follow for most businesses. It is a wise recourse to hire an SEO service in Singapore so you can concentrate on product development and general marketing.
However, the performance of your online marketing strategy and SEO depends a great deal on choosing the right SEO agency who can navigate the Singapore SEO industry. Here are some things to consider before you seal the deal.
1. Consider your target market: The SEO expert in Singapore should understand the demands and habits of the Singaporeans. The social media agency should keep abreast with the dynamic trends, and be able to gauge the possible reaction of the country’s internet users.
For the international audience, the SEO service should employ a different strategy altogether.
2. Consider Your Costs: There are SEO service agencies that charge a comprehensive package for your company that includes content creation and social media management. The SEO expert should charge a reasonable price commensurate to reasonable expectations. If they charge extra for analytics and monitoring, that could lead to more expenses.
3. Consider the Social Media Experience: Your SEO expert should also be adept at social media. Even if you intend to hire a separate social media manager, the SEO expert should at least be savvy with current trends and is able to employ different approaches for different audiences, just like you have different approaches to social media platforms.
4. Consider Your Expectations: You should also have more ideas about how SEO works, and this way you can temper your expectations. If you understand the dynamics of SEO and how it is not an exact science, you will not be deceived by unrealistic guarantees. The best strategy is to employ best practices, but no SEO expert can assure that you will always top the SERP.
5. Consider the Word of Mouth: SEO experts should have portfolios of the companies that he has served. If it’s possible, you may contact them for feedback on their partnership with your prospect. Did he have specific and measurable deliverables? Were they delivered on time? These could be confidential questions, and you would have to respect that, but overall feedback could also be helpful.
6. Consider the capacity to innovate: When faced with a dynamic industry like SEO, aside from being able to keep track and adapt, a valuable trait is the ability to innovate. At some point, you may have to veer away from the traditional strategies and best practices and formulate your own strategy, specifically on the content management side. In the past, keyword frequency was the rage until SEO experts figured that the algorithm was already rejecting this practice, so they needed to focus their content on quality and backlinks.The search engines will not directly tell you what to do. The SEO experts have to figure out the reason for the drop, and they have to work a strategy to ace the new algorithm.
7. Consider the legalities: We all want results and while we did mention that SEO demands innovation, there are also legalities and limitations involved. Make sure that your SEO expert employs only white hat techniques. Otherwise, there are grave penalties for violating the search engines’ rules and regulations. They emphasize compliance and violation could result in being knocked off the index.
8. Consider the Big Picture: Your SEO expert can dictate the direction of your online marketing effort. He may not be a direct employee, but at the very least, your concept of success, your goal-setting must be aligned. It would be better if he would adapt to your company culture and if he has a firm grasp of Singapore SEO, but consider that in this partnership, you are putting your and your company’s reputation on the line.