How Can Social Media Improve Your Seo?
In a world where social media is running the show for brands of all sizes, social media signals also have a direct impact on search engine rankings. According to the top social media marketing companies, social media plays a massive role in helping brands get their content in front of a wider audience. Undoubtedly that leads to many benefits and one of these perks is SEO.
With social media marketing campaigns, brands can get more backlinks, improved engagement signals and better SERPs for branded queries. Social media advertising companies deploy an understanding of both SEO and social media to make their marketing campaigns perform better holistically. Still unsure how social media affects your SEO? Here is a guide!
How social media Helps SEO?
Several studies have proved that there is a correlation between rankings and social shares. According to a 2016 study, Google rankings alongside social signals such as likes, comments and shares were better as compared to the rankings without any aligned social signals. There are innumerable ways in which social media helps SEO. Some of them are listed as follows:
1. Social media means increased visibility and increased visibility invariably and implicitly means more links.
Quality backlinks play a pivotal role in achieving a higher ranking on Google and increasing domain authority and social media can help you in that by engaging your audience and building high-authority links.
2. Social Media can play a decisive role in improving Ranking signals.
Although social shares aren’t a significant ranking factor, things like page time and time on site definitely are. So, when a user visits your website through social media and spends their time on your webpage, they do impact the ranking metrics.
3. Posting on social means quicker content indexing.
Once you refresh content published on the site, you can immediately start sharing it on your social media channels to get clicks to it. Google gets the signal that there’s a page that needs to be re-indexed or crawled and your pages get indexed by Google faster.
Social Media + SEO Strategies
Do you want to incorporate social media into your SEO strategies? Then here we have some tips from the top social media advertising company in Singapore. Follow them for more lead generation.
- For one, you need to create link opportunities to promote your content. Develop an SOP to ensure that every content passes through a sharing strategy. Also, ensure that there should be a list of evergreen content that is reshared regularly.
- According to Google’s Search Quality Raters Guideline document, human raters factor brand mentions into the equation when a website’s reliability is being analysed. That’s when social media comes into the big picture. Find ways to encourage positive mentions, grow true brand advocates over social media and tailor your messaging on diverse social platforms for sustained brand success.
- Dedicate a huge chunk of your social media efforts to developing meaningful customer relationships. You can compile a list of accounts that you can target for relationship building. Keep the list up to date and ensure to give each account regular attention.
- Establish brand authority with content marketing and consistent social media posts. Use analytics to determine what works best for your business and how you can achieve maximum impact.
- Spot your high-performing content, update it and recirculate it to maximize its life span and drive traffic to your company website as well as social media handle.
Believe it or not, social media marketing can be a valuable ally of SEO. Sharing content on social media can make your website more discoverable and enhance your website authority. With a professional social media advertising company and an orchestrated content strategy, you can increase your website ranking and improve engagement signals without any setbacks.
1. What is SEO in social media marketing?
SEO in social media marketing involves optimizing your pages for certain factors that can influence their visibility. In a nutshell, social media SEO is all about making the algorithm work in your favour while increasing engagement and page visibility.
2. How do social media and SEO work together for a successful brand campaign?
Social media, directly and indirectly, influences the factors that impact search rankings. As social media marketing has the potential to drive quality traffic to web pages, when you create and publish high-quality content that connects with your target audience, you help your SEO as well.
3. How would you incorporate social media into your SEO strategy?
To incorporate social media into an SEO strategy, we start with optimizing a brand’s social media profiles. In addition, we encourage social media followers to visit the company page with attractive content while leveraging engaging hashtags for better reach. Lastly, we also measure social media performance and schedule posts at the right time for the right audience by figuring out what works best and when.