Thinking Of Outsourcing SEO? Should You Or Should You Not?
Nowadays, people search for just about anything and everything on Google – even products and services. The search results Google displays on the first page are most likely to be visited. The question, therefore, for your business’ success is “How to make your website rank higher in Google search results?”. The answer to this question is SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization. Briefly put, SEO is indispensable for any business that wants to maintain its relevance and grow. As a matter of fact, successful businesses have always capitalized on the power of SEO to attract customers and boost sales. However, the predicament for most businesses is whether to handle SEO in-house or outsource it to a competent SEO agency because, per se, SEO is time-consuming as well as resource consuming. To better decide for yourself, we present here the most important pros and cons of outsourcing SEO you may need to consider.
- Save your time, utilize it doing what you do best – SEO is a time-intensive affair.
If you are a small business owner, your time would be better utilized growing your business, generating sales, and handling other chores than spending hours optimizing your website and performing SEO. This makes it highly feasible to outsource the SEO of your business to an SEO expert. Even for larger businesses, it wouldn’t be prudent to go through the whole interview campaign to hire an SEO consultant for getting SEO done in-house. When you are already running a big business, the SEO cost incurred for outsourcing would likely not be a big deal for you. In a nutshell, whether it is for a big business or a small business, either way, it is beneficial to go in for outsourcing SEO.
- Saves your money – Besides saving your time, outsourcing SEO to a competent SEO company also saves you money. If you are in the favour of in-house SEO, you would probably have to hire a team of at least three. Outsourcing SEO would certainly cost you a lot less than paying the team members’ salaries plus other benefits and taxes.
- Touch of professionalism – SEO is so vast that there is much more to it than you and you would ever realize. An acclaimed SEO company is equipped with loads of rich experience. Outsourcing SEO to an agency will lend a professional touch to your SEO efforts because seasoned professionals from the agency will execute SEO actions and policies in a way that will be profitable for your business. In addition, since SEO is a constantly evolving domain, the company’s experts will likely be aware of the various algorithm updates. This will help them adjust the SEO strategies and processes. On the other hand, with an in-house SEO team, it would probably be difficult to get such evolving expertise.
- Diversity is what you get for a price reasonable enough – Outsourcing implies signing a contract with the SEO firm. What you get in return is an entire team of professionals that will implement an SEO strategy for your business covering many different aspects of SEO. They may be SEO code specialists, SEO content writing experts, social media specialists, website designers, etc. If you were to hire each of these specialists separately, you would be forced to shell out a lot more than what you’d probably pay the SEO firm while signing the contract. Having an in-house SEO team is akin to having a general specialist who might turn out to be the “Jack of all trades, master of none”.
- Choosing the best firm demands time and effort – SEO agencies are a dime a dozen nowadays. Like it or not, you would have to invest your time, effort, and energies in searching for the best one. Try finding a firm with a proven track record – one whose SEO strategies are known to bear fruits quickly and boost sales.
- Expense – Outsourcing SEO to a renowned firm is not going to be a cheap affair. Although the returns you will enjoy are going to be higher than what you paid for, it is still an expense to have to pay a premium for quality SEO work. If you cannot afford that kind of budget, you’re going to find outsourcing too expensive.
- Less direct control – If you like to oversee every aspect of the work being done for your business, outsourcing might not be your cup of tea since strategizing and executing the SEO policies remains in the hands of the agency. If you are reluctant to relinquish direct control over SEO, do not go for outsourcing. Instead, hire in-house SEO experts and get the work done under your supervision.
- Less Comprehensive – SEO firms often offer you packages. While some might be aimed at just keyword optimization for your business website, others might focus on optimization of page speed, or improving user experience. This is so because the field of SEO is itself an evolving one, therefore, putting things into practice is always an ongoing task. Therefore, you will probably not find a “comprehensive SEO package” that makes everything fall in place.
The final word
Outsourcing SEO or not is, after all, a matter of personal preference. If you do not want to have anything to do with SEO and you can afford to outsource it, go for it. On the contrary, if you would like to have more direct control over your brand presence and you also have the kind of budget to hire a team in-house, proceed with it. All that is needed is thoughtful contemplation before arriving at a final decision.
If you finally do decide to outsource, try to hire a renowned and result-oriented company. For a decent SEO service, Singapore has a lot of firms. However, for expert SEO services that fructify into outstanding results for your business, you would have to dig a little deeper and search for the best firm specializing in establishing a business’ strong web presence and converting website visitors into sales.