10 Things You Should Know About SEO Trends In 2022
Today’s top marketers know that Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is the name of the game for online success. However, the rules of this game keep changing with time and technology trends. Firms must know how to execute these evolving trends to ace their business online. In November 2021, Google rolled out its Core Algorithm Update, highlighting the changes in its Search Engine ranking strategies. These changes mean that digital marketers must update their SEO plans and devise new approaches in2022. In Singapore, an SEO agency can help your business create a high-impact SEO plan.
Why Do Businesses in Singapore Need to Update Their SEO Strategies?
An SEO agency in Singapore will help your business curate and execute strategies that leverage the latest SEO trends. In 2022, this is more important than ever before because of the increasing proportion of online sales. A November 2021 report from Singapore’s Department of Statistics shows that as much as 16.9% of all retail sales are now happening online. An effective digital marketing plan is even more critical for the food and beverages industry, where online sales account for 32.8% of the total. The best SEO companies in Singapore are those that deliver unique strategies to grow organic traffic, achieve keyword rankings, and build your brand presence online. Let’s break down the leading trends that can help them do that!
Top Trends to Ace the SEO Game in 2022
Google’s latest Core Update seeks to stop spam pages from filling the SERP. So, if a page appears to be spamming users with irrelevant content, they may experience ranking fluctuations. Search engines are continuously trying to tweak their algorithms for offering users the best experience and high-quality information sources. Considering this, let’s check out the top trends.
- Higher Relevance of Long-Form Content: Long-form content is indispensable for adding value to users. Such content also allows more backlinks and greater scope for including shareable insights. Earlier, a content piece of about 800-1000 words was considered long-form. However, now, users are looking for detailed thought leadership posts and comprehensive content that adds knowledge and value. The best SEO agency will now focus on creating high-quality content that has anything between 2000 and 3000 words. This approach will help them deliver high-impact information to users in an engaging format.
- First-Party Data Collection Plans: Google has announced that it will phase out third-party cookies by 2023. This development means that marketers can no longer rely on third-party data to understand user behaviour and tailor their SEO plans. Instead, digital marketers must use first-party data collection tactics such as incentives to fill contact forms and more.
- Increasing the Volume of Evergreen Content: Evergreen content is a content type that remains relevant despite the passage of time. Informative posts on critical technologies, how-to guides, and similar types of content can stay relevant and shareable for long periods. For example, a Singapore SEO agency can focus on creating content that remains relevant for Singaporean readers for years to come.
- Page Experience is Now Even More Crucial for Better Rankings: Google and other search engines are prioritising page experience even more than before. In 2021, Google kickstarted the Page Experience algorithm rollout. HTTPS security is a crucial aspect of the page experience. Moreover, page stability, loading speed, and ease of navigation are also critical considerations.
- Enhancing Interaction: Top SEO agencies improve search engine rankings and user experiences by driving better user interactions. Quizzes, spinning wheels, polls, and other interactive factors are going to play an increasingly vital role in website optimisation in 2022.
- Optimisation of Video Content: Recent years have witnessed the rise of video content platforms. As more and more users spend time watching videos, SEO experts must embrace this content form to drive traffic and boost the user experience. The use of concise, user-friendly tags can help optimise video content for the SERP.
- Leveraging the Power of Google Discover: Google Discover helps users find content relevant to their interests. Firms can leverage this mode by using content that arouses user interest. Emotionally charged CTAs, thought-provoking questions and attractive illustrations can help marketers draw in users and improve rankings.
- Minimising Loading Time: Loading time and mobile responsiveness are crucial factors for enhancing the user experience. Website optimisation to ensure they load within 2 seconds can help to improve SEO outcomes.
- Multi-channel Digital Strategies: Your SEO strategy in 2022 must be cohesive. Users today jump from one platform to another in the blink of an eye. You need consistent branding and complementary content strategies to help bolster the impacts of your SEO plan across platforms.
- Passage Indexing: Google is increasingly focusing on long-form passages that answer question-based queries on the search engine. The process of showing these passages in response to queries is called passage indexing. An SEO expert can leverage this by creating unique, conversational content that offers in-depth information about a topic. This aspect will help you top SERPs with greater ease.
These trends will drive digital marketing and organic traffic in the coming days. Don’t forget to bookmark them and include them in your SEO plans.