Does Tiktok Work for Your Business?
TikTok is a unique social phenomenon that has taken Gen Z by storm. This application democratised the content creation space and introduced youngsters to hands-on content sharing. Singapore is one of the leading markets for TikTok. According to the App Annie “State of Mobile” 2022 report, Singaporean users spent a monthly average time of 16.4 hours on TikTok in 2021. Statista notes that Singaporean users again increased their time spent on TikTok by 74% in 2022. These sharp spikes indicate the growing relevance of TikTok, forcing digital marketers to pay attention to this valuable trend. A social media marketing agency can help your business create value via emerging channels like TikTok. But does every business need TikTok for digital marketing? Not always! How can you identify if TikTok works for your firm? Let’s break that down.
Understanding the TikTok Trend: A Business Owner’s Guide to this Social Phenomenon
TikTok is a social media application that allows users to create and share short-form video content. Here is a quick summary of everything you need to know to decode this trend:
- Tiktok caters to a Gen-Z audience, with users from this generation making up over 60% of the user base.
- The global user base of TikTok includes 800 million people, with 36% coming from the Singapore and APAC region.
- TikTok offers exciting content creation modes for everyone, with fun filters and other features.
- The app offers the option to create 15-second to 60-second videos, ensuring the flexibility to post a mini-series or sequential clips.
The vibrant, democratised landscape of TikTok enables content creators to deliver value in various formats. It offers an equal playground to both brands and common people, allowing them to mould the thoughts and behaviours of fellow TikTok users.
If you are a business owner in Singapore, TikTok can be an excellent tool to tap into a burgeoning global market. At the same time, it can help your business cater to the local audience as TikTok serves 2.09 million users in this island state.
Is TikTok the Best Fit for Your Business?
TikTok is a remarkable social phenomenon, touching the lives of millions. However, this feature-rich platform may not be the perfect choice for every business. Social media marketing in Singapore requires nuanced decision-making after considering the unique characteristics of all the media platforms.
The following considerations can help you identify if TikTok will be the best choice for your business:
- Target Demographic: You must clearly understand your target audience before making digital marketing decisions. Their demographic details can help you identify the platforms that will fit their needs. For example, you may want to use Facebook marketing for catering to a middle-aged audience group. On the other hand, Instagram and TikTok may be your go-to platforms for interacting with a younger customer base. 1% of TikTok users in Singapore fall in the age bracket of 18 to 24 years. Another 35.3% of the users are between 25-34 years. These numbers suggest that TikTok can be an excellent way to engage a bulk of potential customers in this island state. Moreover, a majority of TikTok users in Singapore are male, making up 88.5% of the user base. This statistic can also influence your choice of platform for running your campaigns. Hence, you must assess if your business caters to these age groups. If it does, TikTok can be your best tool for top-notch social media marketing tactics.
- Type of Content: TikTok is an excellent platform for short-form content. It is essential to evaluate if your marketing campaigns can work with this mode of content creation. For example, do you run a food brand that can post short clips of cooking or serving for delivering audience delight? If yes, TikTok may work well for your brand. It can also be an excellent platform for businesses in fashion, skincare, personal services, and more. Enterprises offering quick fixes or entertaining products can perform very well with TikTok. However, if your business sells something like traditional investment services or high-value precious jewellery, TikTok may not be your first choice.
- Visual Quality: Are your marketing campaigns heavily visual? If yes, TikTok can be an exceptional channel to grow. Visually attractive products and services are easier to display and pitch on TikTok videos. You can post creative clips demonstrating your product, be it an easy-to-use gadget or a beautiful fashion piece. Some services are also suitable for TikTok marketing. For example, if you run a nail art salon, TikTok can be the perfect platform for your service marketing needs. On the other hand, if you offer services like lawn mowing or car cleaning, TikTok may not be the best place to highlight your business. Any business with high visual content can succeed on TikTok by making data-driven campaign decisions.
- Collaboration Considerations: Does your business require influencer marketing? If yes, TikTok can be a great tool to collaborate with leading influencers. You can identify top influencers on this platform and look for common ground to pitch your marketing campaigns. However, if influencer marketing does not suit your business model, TikTok may offer relatively lower value to your firm.
While these points can help you make an initial judgement, you should consult experts to take the final call. The professional digital marketers at Fenzo Digital can help you assess social media platforms and design high-quality campaigns for acing your marketing goals. Contact them today to create a pitch-perfect marketing plan.