How to Take Your SEO and Digital Marketing Strategy to the Next Level?
Trying to run your business successfully amidst the fierce competition in the digital landscape might seem an uphill task. While doing the bare minimum won’t deliver you the desired results, there is a lot more that you will have to work on in order to take your digital marketing and SEO strategy to the next level. While availing of the services of an SEO agency can definitely help you go that extra mile, there is one aspect that you can work upon which will lead you on your way to digital marketing success. That aspect is ‘data’, and, to be more precise, ‘the right data’.
Let us find out how the right data can empower your SEO and digital marketing strategy.
- Set up your dashboard – There is an ocean of data that you need to have in order to keep your traffic growing. This data, which we assume is already available to you, needs to be organized well so that actionable insights could be easily drawn from it. A plethora of tools is available nowadays that can help organize your data. Some of the data points that should be of particular interest to you are:-
- Overall KPIs – This reflects whether your website’s sessions, clicks, impressions, and conversions are going up or down.
- Keywords ranking – From this data point, you will get all the pertinent information regarding keywords and their ranking. For instance, how many keywords are ranking in the top three, or the top 100 of Google? Which keywords are gaining traction and which ones are losing? Which keywords have been witnessing the most volume of traffic and conversions?
- Content optimization – This data point can help you figure out what content could be added to the pages trending up or down. For enhancing your content, just type the target keyword for the page and then look into Google’s People Also Ask box to find out questions to enhance your content.
- Demographics of the audience – Google Analytics includes many audience reports that include age, gender, interests, geographical targeting, devices and more. This data can be used to build persona profiles and target keywords for each persona and buying stage.
- Keyword optimization or entity optimization – Google’s machine-learning algorithms have gone drastic changes and have become increasingly sophisticated. Besides, Google’s understanding of natural language processing has improved drastically. Both these developments have now made it possible for Google to understand not just keywords but even pages for meaning. Therefore, it has now become the trend to create pages around topics and include variants of the topic instead of optimizing pages for a single keyword.
- Experiment for achieving optimization – Whatever your findings from the data, try to develop actionable plans from those findings aimed at optimizing various elements of your website. Try optimizing the articles that are trending down by implementing better on-page SEO. Pen down new and more content for a specific target audience. For keywords or pages that are trending up or down, build internal and external links.
- Focus on improving the conversion rate – Having accomplished whatever is mentioned in the previous steps, you will have considerable traffic coming to your website. The real question is how to convert these website visitors into customers? Well, the answer is to carry out A/B testing and work on conversion rate optimization.
- Monitor the trends – Google’s search algorithms are dynamic and ever-evolving. It is, therefore, important to stay updated with Google’s latest algorithm update releases and comply with Google’s best practice guidelines.
Some of the trends that better be on your watch list are:-
1. Voice search – With voice assistants such as Google Assistant, Siri, etc. coming integrated into smartphones and smart speakers becoming more commonplace in households, voice search has grown phenomenally. Therefore, always use questions as keywords and optimize for voice search.
2. Prioritize content quality over quantity – Post less content on your website but make sure that whatever you post provides the best possible user experience. Promote your content on various social media platforms to build links as often as you publish. The link growth velocity must be congruent with your content publishing ratio.
3. Emphasize user engagement signals – Back in May 2020, Google announced its new Core Web Vitals. It is a set of parameters centred on user experience that measure the “health” of a page in terms of providing a smooth and seamless user experience. These web vitals marked a shift in Google’s approach to site load speed from ‘how quickly does a page load’ to ‘how long does it take for users to get to see the first thing on the page’.
4. Crawling prioritization and indexing – Indexed pages’ count has exponential growth. Now, Google doesn’t index everything. It instead indexes only quality content. Google is thus trying to prioritize crawls to pages that are trusted and authoritative.
In a nutshell
For being able to continuously revamp and update your SEO strategy, it is imperative to track your site’s metrics, KPIs and trends in search. The pointers discussed above can bring about a noticeable change in your website’s rankings and traffic. However, if you wish to comprehensively overhaul your digital marketing strategy and approach, you should rework it with a results-oriented Singapore SEO agency. For getting the best SEO service, Singapore-based digital marketing firms happen to be at par with some of the best in the world.